By: Brittnee Fehr
- Develop a meditation practice or mindfulness routine daily. Expanding your consciousness and connecting to your higher-self can bring significant transformation in your life and help you discover your life path and purpose.
- No exposure to blue light, including no screen time after 7 pm. Put phone on airplane mode at night or leave your phone out of the room. With no electronics in the room, you are exposed to less Wi-Fi. Be mindful of the amount of time that you spend on electronics throughout the day as well.
- Make an effort to ground yourself each day, either through mindful efforts (meditation and visualization) or a nature walk, in order to connect with the earths energetic grid system. A transfer of high frequency, positive energy occurs during grounding sessions.
- Get enough natural sunlight each day. The recommended amount is at least thirty minutes per day, without sunscreen. Vitamin D is the most common vitamin deficiency in the United States. Vitamin D is an important immune regulator that aids in pathogen removal, anti-tumor activity and it is essential for the formation, growth and repair of bones. Vitamin D improves muscle strength and helps to reduce inflammation.
- Balance your energy centres or chakras. This will release stagnant energy, from over-thinking and negative thoughts. There are many different methods that can be researched in order to achieve inner balance.
- Move your beautiful body! Jump on a rebounder trampoline (or bounce on an exercise ball), walk, run, bike, swim or dance. Physical activity gets your lymphatic system moving to help remove toxins from the body.
- Learn to protect your energy. Research this life-changing technique, especially if you are an empath. Be mindful of who you allow into your personal space or energy field. This includes the type of thoughts you allow into your own mind. Protect your own mind and spirit from destructive thoughts and over-thinking. Are you constantly feeling anxious and living in fear, or are you relaxed, open and positive?
- Eat a nutrient dense, well-balanced diet. Try to avoid any diet extremes such as paleo, vegan, keto etc., as they are not beneficial to every body. In fact, certain diets can do more harm than good in the long term, as they don’t include certain food groups. Any food trend that restricts, should be an immediate red flag, as you do not want to deprive your body of essential vitamins and minerals. Most importantly, listen to your own body. You and only you know instinctively what your body requires to function optimally. On the flip side, your body also knows what it rejects, this is where your intuition comes into play.
Focus on balancing and getting adequate amounts of potassium, calcium and magnesium through your diet intake in order to fuel your cells. When you are lacking in one of these essential nutrients, your body cannot function at its best. Magnesium is a bit trickier to obtain through food intake only, as the soil that grows our food these days is nutrient poor for the most part and significantly lacks dietary magnesium. Magnesium is best absorbed transdermally, through a magnesium oil, lotion, body wash or foot soak/bath (magnesium chloride flakes absorbed in warm water).
- Have sex before you fall asleep, either with your partner or with yourself. Stop suppressing your sexual energy (our society unfortunately views sex as taboo and something that should be repressed). Connect with yourself sexually and discover your sexual power first. Learn to embody self-love, before you share your love with someone else. Remember when you have sex with another person, a transfer of energy occurs and you take on the other persons energy. So be mindful of who you share your transfer of energy with. It’s a sacred act that connects us to our divinity. “Sexual energy is the bridge back to our source; it is our connection back to the life force.” Mateo Sol
- Develop a bed time routine. Wind your mind and body down by creating a routine that relaxes your entire mind, body and soul. This can include settling down into a bath surrounded by candles, meditating in the shower, or reading your favorite book before you fall asleep. Try to avoid technology such as your phone or television before bed, whenever possible, as it can disrupt your natural sleep cycle. If you struggle with insomnia or have regularly interrupted sleep, make an effort to climb into bed before 10 pm.
- Try drinking pure, organic tart cherry juice. Consuming a single glass of tart cherry juice before bed has many proven health benefits including improved sleep. Melatonin present in tart cherry juice is a critical hormone that the body uses to regulate its circadian rhythms and induce sleep. Other health benefits of tart cherry juice include, regulates blood pressure and improves heart health, promotes muscle recovery, treats arthritis and gout, boosts immunity and improves brain function. It contains a rich supply of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, as well as, containing a rich source of anthocyanins, which have been associated with reduced cancer cell proliferation and inhibited tumor formation.
- Last but not least, my personal favorite for overall improved health is oil pulling with organic, virgin, un-refined coconut oil. Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice that draws toxins from your body via swishing oil around your mouth. It has an immediate effect on various oral problems like dental plaque, cavities, receding gums and gingivitis. Other health benefits include, supports your immune system, treats headaches, improves skin conditions, fights cavities, supports cardiovascular health, natural detoxifier, boosts energy levels, reduces inflammation in the body and whitens your teeth.
- Method for Oil Pulling:
-Put a tablespoon (or amount that is comfortable) of oil into your mouth and swish the concoction for 10-15 minutes.
-Avoid swallowing oil as it contains microbes and toxins.
-Make sure the oil reaches each part in your mouth, including, pulling the oil through your teeth.
-Once finished, spit the oil out into a trash bin, as it can clog your sink.
– Brush your teeth thoroughly when you’ve completed oil pulling.
-Repeat 1-4 times per day if you have a history of oral or other health problems.