Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 320 g gluten-free pasta
- 80 g Arugula leaves
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 60 g pine nuts
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Approx. 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Wash and dry Arugula leaves.
Place Arugula in a high-speed blender with pine nuts, garlic clove, honey, and parmesan cheese. Season with pepper.
Blend for 10 seconds then add extra virgin olive oil.
Blend again until creamy.
Drain the pasta and place it in a serving bowl.
Add Arugula pesto and toss gently to coat.
Serve and enjoy.
- Remember to drain the pasta when “al dente” which means cooked, but still firm to the bite.
- You can prepare different types of pesto sauce, from the original one with basil leaves to Arugula, baby spinach, or lamb’s lettuce pesto. Unleash your imagination and create your favorite pesto.
- You can replace pine nuts with walnuts, cashew or almonds.
- Pesco-vegetarians can add some smoked salmon.
Let us know in the comments below if you’ve given this one a shot! Is there anything you’d change or modify in this recipe?